Parent Forum – PFC
Parent Councils are the formal representative body for parents / carers with children attending school. Parent Councils are different in each school to enable them to meet the needs of parents / carers locally.
Parents are welcomed to be:
· involved with their child’s education and learning;
· be active participants in the life of the school; and
· express their views on school education generally and work in partnership with their children’s schools.
All parents / carers are automatically members of the Parent Forum at their child’s school. As a member of the Parent Forum all parents can expect to –
· receive information about the school and its activities;
· hear about what partnership with parents means in our school;
· be invited to be involved in ways and times that suit you;
· identify issues you want the parent council to work on with the school;
· be asked your opinion by the parent council on issues relating to the school and the education it provides;
· work in partnership with staff; and
· enjoy taking part in the life of the school in whatever way possible.
The Parent Forum decides how their representatives on the Parent Forum Committee are chosen and how the Parent Forum Committee operates. Parents / carers are encouraged to volunteer or put themselves forward to be chosen as representatives of the Parent Forum Committee if they wish.
The main aims of the Parent Forum Committee are:
· To support the school in its work with pupils
· To represent the views of parents
· To promote contact between the school, parents, pupils, providers of nursery education and the community
· To report to the Parent Forum
· To be involved in the appointment of senior promoted staff.
· To raise funds for the school for the benefit of pupils.
You can keep up to date with the Parent Forum via Facebook.
Parent WhatsApp Groups
The WhatsApp groups are a really great way for parents to keep in touch but the admin is via the PFC so to comply with GDPR, we need them to consent to share their details. This can be done by emailing the Chairperson.
Please click the link below for more information about the PFC and Parent WhatsApp Groups.