In Scotland, the children follow the Curriculum for Excellence. To find out more about our curriculum please visit The Education Scotland Website.
Our Values: wisdom, justice, compassion, integrity, love – are all gospel values. Our gospel values are at the heart of all we do.
As a Catholic school we are committed to supporting the development of the whole pupil; spiritual, moral, social and cultural. Our school ethos, articulated in our school motto, ‘Forward Together in Christ’ gives the highest value to these aspects of development by providing an overall atmosphere that is both nurturing and challenging. Our Curriculum recognises the need to provide opportunities for the development of personal responsibility and these key human aspects of learning are supported through:
- Enriching the curriculum in all appropriate areas with an emphasis on spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- Taking every appropriate opportunity to acknowledge, value and appreciate the various cultures of our pupils and to encourage them to appreciate and value the cultures of others
- Positive/Restorative discipline approaches
- Arranging regular events of the school as a community and using such occasions to encourage and reinforce the values on which the school is based
- Ensuring that staff and adults within the school provide positive role models for pupils
- Having high aspirations for all pupils
- Using a, ‘Growth Mindset’ approach
- Key emphasis on the acquisition of literacy and numeracy skills
The following documents outline important aspects of our Curriculum Rationale and Curriculum Design.
Literacy English Benchmarks with CEC Progression statements
Numeracy Mathematics Benchmarks with CEC Progression statements
SEAL – strategies for early arithmetical learning